Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

U0101 Code. That's the exact code. Tried to reset but it…

That's the exact code...

That's the exact code. Tried to reset but it would not. I suspect a grounding issue. Brake lights were not working and I found that the fuse slot for the brake lights was mis-wired to the dome light slot. When I replaced the dome light fuse the brake lights came on; skid light went out (it had been stuck on), but then the check engine light came on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2013 xterra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am. On a remote Hawaiian island with no Nissan dealer. Only checked codes so far

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car was just serviced off island at 22,000 mi. I also rewired the trailer lighting and it is working fine

11/21/2017
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** is absolutely no way to troubleshoot the can bus issue between the ECM and TCM without the use of a dealer CONSULT diagnostics tool.

Other internet research indicates possible grounding issue. Any thoughts?

Here are all of the ground points for the can bus

31b02347-475d-4244-9c96-...PNG31b0234...PNG31f840a5-2028-4c78-a926-...PNG31f840a...PNGfd55aa20-72e3-428e-ad44-...PNGfd55aa2...PNGe076f5a8-f372-479d-bfac-...PNGe076f5a...PNG
Could it be that the fuse for the TCM is blown?
Any idea what fuse that is in the Xterra '13?

if the TCM fuse was blown the vehicle wouldnt move

Ok. So the only way to have the car to a Nissan dealer is to ship back to Oahu which will cost $600 (just did this last month). Not inclined to do so. Should I just drive the car and not worry about it?

thats what i would do

i wish it was easier, but the shop that pulled the p0700 should have known to check for transmission codes

Going with a small piece of black tape over the check engine light. That's called "Molokai Style". Thanks for your help on this.What will my total fee be for your help?

you;re welcome. thats funny.... molokai!!!!!! Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

I dont dabble in the cost of the questions, I just assist folks with their vehicles, but i think 22.00???

Thanks again. Cheers ***** ***** and Out

you're welcome.

david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

thank you

BTW-- I was able to get the check engine light off by unplugging and replugging the ECU-- this upon the suggestion of the Nissan service advisor in Honolulu. While it may have been dumb luck, this seemed to do the trick. Check engine light off; brake lights working; slip light off. My wife thinks I am now a car genius. Cheers,

excellent. lets hope it was just a hiccup then