Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

P0780 p0797 p0744 p0735

Customer Question
P0780 p0797 p0744 p0735
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/21/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 5 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

These codes are transmission codes. 5th gear function code, Trans pressure solenoid code, Shift Solenoid code, and a Stuck Pressure solenoid C.

These codes will require special transmission checks to be performed to isolate your issue. Based on the codes I am seeing, you have something certainly going on in the Valve Body. But the reset of the transmission will need to be checked.

Ive replaced the liner solenoid and replaced s2 solenoid and cam shaft position sensor bank 1 an bank 2 but I still get a pull when it goes from 1-2 or when downshifts 3-2

As I said, these are all transmission codes. Cam Sensors has nothing to do with this. There are tests you need to do to determine if the TCM is operating the solenoids properly, as well as determining if the valve body is bad, or if there is a internal friction issue with the transmission.

I was trying to fix it myself gathering info from the codes and utube help an some forums I hear what you saying but than I brought my car to a different mechanic an he tells me its cam position sensors now the car idles low than shuts off every once in a while I also hear a ticking Sound from the timing chain. The computer must be reading a bad signal from somewhere an I'm just going around it

Well if you had the cam sensors replaced with after market ones, they are know to cause stalling issues, hard start issues and not throw codes..

timing chains don't normally tick. They would whine or rattle. Ticking is normally the injectors.

But as far as the codes you listed, that tells me there is something going on with the transmission that needs to be checked,

they where after market duralast and it stalled out I had to disconnect the battery... as far as the transmission goes it bangs on shifting to 2nd and on a downshift from 3rd to 2nd... But now that you mention the injectors I started adding Lucas on just about every full tank..than as far as the bangs on the shifting it got worse when I changed the fluid to nissan k
Only a thicker fluid would soften out the hard bangs I had replaced the linier solenoid than s2 shift control.. put in the nissan k after solenoid replacement after marked and it started banging hard so that's when I added some hydraulic fluid not much and it soften the bangs

Well the Cam Sensors, Since after market ones don't work. You need to start with replacing these sensors with ones from the dealer.

As far as the injector noise, if you get a slight chatter from the engine under light acceleration, that is octane ping if you use Regular gas. Regular and the middle grade fuel have high ethanol content. Premium does not have ethanol. So that is another thing you may want to take into consideration.

Then the transmission issue, as I stated, there are particular checks that needs to be done to to determine if you have a internal issue with in the transmission or a electrical issue.

You was right so I went back to the shop that I received the codes from to check if any codes cleared after I replaced a few parts and I looked at the screen and saw a code he didn't give me it was p0726 I read up on it and sure enough pcm popped up
Communication error between the Engine Control Module (ECM) and Transmission Control Module (TCM)
Could this mean my solenoid was ok an the parts I changed and this hole time it could be just a electrical problem is it expensive just to get the module checked

If there is a communication issue between the Engine computer and the trans computer.. That could be a TCM issue. But that would require special CAN diagnostics to be performed to check communications between all control units..

I did notice my speedometer needle not lighting up as bright red as the rpm gauge I looked under my glove box looks like there was a prior tape job done over on the factory harness I do have a meter and a probe light but ill let a professional do the tests
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 4 months ago

Yeah.. If you do not test things right, you can blow the control modules or do damage.. So I would tell them what you have done, and show them what you have found, then let them take it from there..

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician