Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

86 Nissan d21 3.0 won't start have fuel pressure spark but…

Customer Question
86 Nissan d21 3.0...

86 Nissan d21 3.0 won't start have fuel pressure spark but injectors are not spraying fuel can put gas down throttle body and fires right up. Hooked noid light up nothing I have 12 votls

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?

143000 new engine new plugs wires and fuel filter

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '86 Nissan?

Nissan pickup

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pickup yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I've checked fuel pressure spark ohmed injectors checked votage to injectors.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/21/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jim, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician

The computer turns the injectors on and off, the following test will need to be done to isolate the problem.

If there is a problem in the circuit it is recommanded to replace all the injectors and computer at the same time.

At the distributor, check a good 5 volt square wave signal on the Green/Yellow and Green/Black wires.

Check the injector resistance. Normal resistance is 1.5 ohms.
At the computer check to see if the injectors can be operated by tapping the injector control wires quickly to ground. Do not hold the wires to ground for any period of time. A quick tap only.
Check the tachometer signal to the computer at pin 3 during crank.
Check the power and ground supply to the computer.

Do you know the connector pin and wire color going to computer for the ground?

Give me a few to find.

not sure if im over looking but i do not see the injector circuit on that diagram