Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do I turn off alarm on 1998 Nissan Sentra if I don't…

Customer Question
How do I turn...

How do I turn off alarm on 1998 Nissan Sentra if I don't have the original ignition key or wireless reote"

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

The ignition switch is not the original one, wheel won't turn.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to fix it myself. tried taking off driver's side door lock>

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Will a door lock and key or keyless remote from another Same year Sentra from a wrecking yard deactivate the alarm system?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/20/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 8 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** can disarm the alarm by putting the key in the drivers door lock, and locking it and unlocking it, have you tried this yet?