Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2005 nissa Murano is acting up fater the coils, spark…

Customer Question
My 2005 nissa Murano...

My 2005 nissa Murano is acting up fater the coils, spark plugs were replaced, amd the throttle body cleaned

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When was the last time the plugs were changed?

110,000, a week ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, my husband, the spark plugs and coils replaced new

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

And also replaced intake manifold gasket

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/20/2017
Nissan Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 8 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you describe how it is acting up or running and was this not an issue until all of these components were replaced/repairs were done?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Hello Pete, it all started with check engine light and the truck shaking 'sputtering" I will say and cant remember the code but we replaced the Solenoid Valve, that "sputter" stopped but there was another code P0305 #5 cylinder misfire, we then replaced the coils, spark plugs and the manifold gasket, while doing that because the throttle was to be move to get into the back, we cleaned while already out, replaced everything, but nothing change is like there is not enough air flowing and so if you run the truck 25 or higher it will be fine, is when is still or driving it on the street that you can feel like it will shut off, and while is still you can hear the airflow gets low and then it will accelerate or flow more gas...sorry if my explanation is confusing...

Is the same code still coming up or have you had the fault codes re checked at all since these repairs were done?

P0507

O.k.,this code and running issue can occur with a vacuum leak from the intake gaskets leaking if they were not sealed properly or throttle body was not sealed this will cause this fault here.The other component can be the engine computer at fault but since the intake gaskets were replaced I suspect something wasnt sealed properly causing this issue like the intake gaskets themselves.Here is the diagnostic procedure to this here that has to be followed to then locate and repair this fault.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/96ba0s7xltij3hp/d-11-20.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete