Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Heater fan just gave out. Checked it a couple of days ago.

Heater fan just gave...

Heater fan just gave out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Checked it a couple of days ago. It was good. No leaking.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2005 pathfinder.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

A friend will do it. Haven’t tried anything yet. Just wondering if it’ll be a big job.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The heaters been making a clicking noise like crickets for awhile.

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The inside blower fan does not respond at all? Is that correct?

Not really. Maybe a little air flowing.

Well you could get some air if you have the Recirc off when driving.

If the Blower motor is not responding, and you can't control air speed, that is due to the blower motor amp. This is located under the glove box area on the passenger side. It's secured by two screws and one long connector. The part is around 80 bucks to 120 bucks and is easy to replace.

Big job?

Do you know if you have a Auto Air Controller or a Manual Air controller?

Not at all... It's easy to replace. Just need to know which type of air system you have and I will try to get you a image and location for it..

Good to know. I’ll have my mechanic frien take a look at it tomorrow. Thank you

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician