Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Have tick in my 1996 Nissan p/u When I push in clutch noise

stops even at higher revs...
Have tick in my 1996 Nissan p/u When I push in clutch noise stops even at higher revs, but as soon as let put theclutch, the ticking noise starts and gets louder at higher revs.
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: No problem with clutch slipping and gears change smoothly.
JA: What is the model of your '96 Nissan?
Customer: it is just a straight p/u.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not done anything as yet. I thought it was a lifter tic but when I push in clutch it goes away. so I do not know where to begin.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that should do it
11/19/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The issue sounds like it's the Throw out bearing if the noise changes with the clutch pedal position. Either way, the transmission would need to be removed to inspect the clutch dic, pressure plate and throw out bearing.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.
If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with 5 Star Excellent Service.
Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Took to local mechanic says transmission is the problem but since clutch is not that much more to replace going to do both. Thanks for your help.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com..

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician