Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

It was cranking but not starting. Sometimes it would then…

It was cranking but...

It was cranking but not starting. Sometimes it would then drive fine. Now it acts like it's getting no gas I press gas pedal and the truck barely moves doesn't even rev high. This is a 2006 Nissan xterra

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

I haven't checked fuel supply yet I was just seeing if I should test fuel pressure, relays, pumps, or what

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet. Just been reading up on problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

11/19/2017
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hI my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today

Ok hopefully I can get this figured out

did you scan the car for codes

do you have the vin number I need to get your vin for the ecm recall

No I'm sorry I don't kow what that is
I'll have to go get it
please
5n1an08w36c500509

ok looks like the recall was done

Ok

w​as the service engine soon light on when trying to start the truck

I'm pretty sure it wss

ok sounds like you mat have a bad cam sensor causing the no start but you really need to get a code reader and plug into the car to get codes from the computer to make sure of this

Ok I just started it. The light didn't come on. It just lagged starting a bit

s​till check fro codes . if the light is not on you will also need to check fuel pressure at the engine

now it drives fine around the block. Yesterday I couldn't get it above 10 miles an hour
How do you scan for codes. I don't know if I'll be able to do that. Do I need certain tools

check the fuel pressure and check for code you most likely have a bad sensor

do you have an auto zone by you

you can take it there they will do it for free

I have one within***** Monument won't work
They'll do it for free
Just take it there and what do I day
Say not day

just ask them to scan the car for codes

if it indicate a cam or crank sensor fault just replace that sensor

Ok then I can come back to you and ask more questions? I've not done this before

yes you can

we can take it form there

Ok but it sy be a little bit cause I have to hopefully get there and let my wife know what I'm doing
Thanks

ok no problem . your welcome please remember to leave me a rating so I can get credit thanks.

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech