Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What size is the bolt that holds a tailgate hinge bracket on…

Customer Question
What size is the...

What size is the bolt that holds a tailgate hinge bracket on a 2006 Nissan frontier?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No Thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/19/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So that information isnt available in the online nissan documents but the best way to get the proper size is to pull the opposite side bolt and have at matched up at your local fastener store

I was going to replace the hinge brackets and striped the torq bolt I will get it out some how but would like to have a bolt on hand.

yeah that bolt has locktite on it so its going to be very hard to get out you will need a bolt extractor kit to get it out if you have stripped it, do you have a picture of it ?

Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago

hows it coming?