Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 NV200 with 56k miles. Symptom----- Extreme vibration…

Customer Question
2013 NV200 with 56k...

2013 NV200 with 56k miles. Symptom----- Extreme vibration throughout the van at higher speeds. At 65mph it becomes almost undrivable. Noticable at lower speeds but nowhere near as bad. Tires seem ok and while van is at rest I rocked the van with my foot on each tire and they seem secure (no loose lug nuts ans so forth).

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

Tires seem ok. Lots of life left.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '13 Nissan?

NV200

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's not mine. took it for a test ride for my buddy and my teeth nearly vibrated out of my mouth.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No .......... thx

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/19/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 8 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

How many miles do you have on your NV? Also how long have you had these tires?

As I said in my e-mail it has 56k miles and tires are good?

Well the first thing I would check is your tire balance to make sure none are out of balance and the road force of the tires are good. Road force balancing tires measures the Radial Run out of the tire. So if lets say there is a slight belt shift in one of the tires. The Road Force Balancer would capture it.

How old are the tires? Are they original? Also what brand tire are they?

dont know the brand. not originals. all have about 80% life left.

The brand tire could make a difference. Is the vehicle near by so you can check? Were they recently rotated?