Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a2001 nissan sentra i dles fine butwhen iopen the…

Customer Question
I have a2001 nissan...

I have a2001 nissan sentra i dles fine butwhen iopen the throttle alittle bit it revsup down a lotkeep pushingon throttle levelsout at about 4000rpm

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sentra?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i tried adjusting tps for high idle 1000rpm thats when it all started

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

185000 2.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

If you hold throttle at 1000 rpm it revs up and down almost like turning key off and on fast

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/18/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you done the idle relearn on it yet with a computer

i tried the relearn byturning key off and on but not with computer

Over the years I have seen those give a lot of problems even the OEM setup, with dealer equipment I have had to do the relearn sometimes 7 or 8 times before it took

How to do the relearn with a computor

first you have to have the right scanner for that and then it should be in the menu as idle relearn and just follow the steps

so if you cant get access to this scanner any shop should be able to do the reset,

Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me nothing less than a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!