Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We had to pull our tubler for the ignition after our vehicle…

Customer Question
We had to pull...

We had to pull our tubler for the ignition after our vehicle would no longer take the key. We broke it. We have the replaced and now the car will crank but not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Fuel is good, and we have sparks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2003 Nissan sentra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we are fixing it ourselves

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We have rebuilt the tumbler mechanism, pulled and check fuses,

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/18/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 5 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you know if your key has a chip? What model Sentra is this and what size engine?

Did you get new keys also?

No chip, we believe it's a 1.8 l
2003 sentra

Do you see if you have a security light on Solid when the key is in the ON position?

No security light
We don't see one
We were able to put the old tumbler back in and have the sane keys

Well the engine turns over though.. Right?

it cranks and we have spark. It seems likes there is no fuel

Fuel pumps I have seen go. But if the engine is turning over, the tumbers are good and the ignition is right.

Did you disconnect the battery when you did the work?

No we had to break into it like we stole it. We were stranded in a plarking lot

Oh.. Try this..

Take the key and lock and unlock the drivers door. Then get in and see if it start..

We used a pair of pliers to get into the tumbler and a screw drive to start it.

Oh.. So you still don't have a key? Cause the factory alarm system could be keeping the car from starting..

We have keys

Ok.. So lets try using the mechanical key to lock and then unlock the drivers door and then lets see if it starts..

That did not work

Then we will need to scan the vehicle for codes and start checking basics..

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician