Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Going to replace throttle bodys today What is the relearn…

Customer Question
Going to replace throttle...

Going to replace throttle bodys today What is the relearn procedure

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Nissan. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

These are new rebuilt units

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/18/2017
Nissan Mechanic: eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 9 months ago
eric
eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, I need to know the year, model and engine size to get you the correct procedure

2009 Infiniti g37x

HI,

Here you go

ACCELERATOR PEDAL RELEASED POSITION LEARNING : Special Repair Requirement

1.START
1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch ON and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
- END

THROTTLE VALVE CLOSED POSITION LEARNING : Special Repair Requirement

1.START
2. Turn ignition switch ON.
Make sure that throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by confirming the operating sound.
- END

3.PERFORM IDLE AIR VOLUME LEARNING
Without CONSULT-III

NOTE:
- It is better to count the time accurately with a clock.
- It is impossible to switch the diagnostic mode when an accelerator pedal position sensor circuit has a malfunction.
1. Perform Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning.
2. Perform Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
5. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch ON and wait 3 seconds.
6. Repeat the following procedure quickly five times within 5 seconds.
- Fully depress the accelerator pedal.
- Fully release the accelerator pedal.
7. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal for approx. 20 seconds until the MIL stops blinking and illuminates.
8. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the MIL illuminates.
9. Start engine and let it idle.
10. Wait 20 seconds.

- GO TO 4.
4.CHECK IDLE SPEED AND IGNITION TIMING
1. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
2. Let it idle for 20 seconds.
3. Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure that idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications.
Is the inspection result normal?
YES - INSPECTION END
NO - GO TO 5.
5.DETECT MALFUNCTIONING PART-I
Check the following
- Check that throttle valve is fully closed.
- Check PCV valve operation.
- Check that downstream of throttle valve is free from air leakage.
Is the inspection result normal?
YES - GO TO 6.
NO - Repair or replace malfunctioning part.
6.DETECT MALFUNCTIONING PART-II
Engine component parts and their installation condition are questionable. Check and eliminate the cause of the incident.

If any of the following conditions occur after the engine has started, eliminate the cause of the incident and perform Idle Air Volume Learning again:
- Engine stalls.
- Erroneous idle.
- INSPECTION END

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.