Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My steering wheel is locked, and I can not turn the key.. I…

My steering wheel is...

My steering wheel is locked, and I can not turn the key..

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

Yes, i also tried to move the wheel back and forth while turning the key, but the steering wheel is locked and hard to move. The battery is good though..

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2009 Nissan Sentra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

That is all I have tried. I'm not sure if I need to bring it into the dealership, and would need to arrange to have it towed if I do, so if I could fix it myself that would be awesome.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it thank you

11/18/2017
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Either the key tumblers are worn in the ignition lock cylinder or the steering is badly locked. Set the parking brake and use a jack under the front subframe to raise both front wheels off the ground. If it will not release now then it is the tumblers and a new cylinder will be needed.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician