Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm trying to find out if you need to remove motor to change…

I'm trying to find...

I'm trying to find out if you need to remove motor to change oil pan

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your car. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Its a 05 nissian frontier

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

2 or 4WD? And which engine?

4wd 4.0

Just the lower pan?

Not for the lower pan it will come out. For the upper you remove the differential to gain room.

Do you need the procedure?

I'm not sure of the procedure

Click here

The special tool is a sealant cutter you hit on the side to work around the pan to free it.

Look that over and let me know if you have further questions, if nothing further please complete the rating

what about removing the cross member is that removable nissian garage said no

No you don't need to remove the cross member.

Just the steps in the lower pan procedure

George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
ok thank you