Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Jay, you helped me with my chime not working on my 99 Nissan…

Hello Jay, you helped me...
Hello Jay, you helped me with my chime not working on my 99 Nissan Pathfinder SE by recommending to replace the Smart Control Unit but sorry to say that did not fix the issues so I was wondering do you have any other suggestions off the top of your head that would cause the door & head lights not to chime when I leave the keys in the ignition with the door open? Thank Rob
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hey Rob, Thanks for using JustAnswer.com

I am currently working. Can I work with you on this later this evening after work? I can give you more things to possibly check for your issue..

No problem Jay, whenever you are free! Thank you

Hey Rob, let me know when you are available..

Hello Jay, I am available anytime you are ready

I found another chime on the back of the cluster..

Thanks Jay, so Do you know where the other chime is located?
this warning chime is the one that is on the back of the instrument cluster?

Yeah..

Do you know if it’s a plug & play part connection that can be purchased or do I have to get the part sent away to be fixed or if the whole instrument cluster has to be replaced?

Off the top of my head I don't. I think it's part of the cluster. But I would remove it and check

Ok so could you take a guess on how much the part may cost

It depends if its part of the cluster or not..

Ok thanks Jay, I will look at the part on the instrument cluster since I have an extra instrument cluster in my basement & no offense but I hope that we talk again but never about this issue again! Lmao :) I hope you have a great night Rob

LOL.. understood Rob.. Have great night yourself..

Thank you

Your welcome

Sorry One more question so Do you know off the top of your head if there is a 3rd warning chime somewhere on a 99 Pathfinder

LOL... I don't think I see any more.. But here is the whole Chime chapter from the factory manual for you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/27ykpg0u8v0h87n/2%20chime.pdf?dl=0

Thank you very much! You are a great man! I hope that you have a wonderful holiday season!

You too!

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician