Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 Frontier will not go in reverse. Shows a P0720 code.

2003 Frontier will not...

2003 Frontier will not go in reverse. Shows a P0720 code

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Po720. how do you reset it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, we are fixing it ourselves. changed transmission filter and fluids

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

All other gears work fine

11/17/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

If the transmission will not go into reverse, and fluid level is good. This is a mechanical issue with in the transmission. The P0720, that code is Revolution sensor code which detects the revolution of the output shaft and generates a pulse signal that is sent to the TCM which then takes that signal and converts it to Vehicle Speed. So this code will not cause your issue I am afraid

So I hate to say it. This is issue is most likely caused by a internal failure in the transmission which would require it to be removed and opened up to determine cause of failure.

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Thanks

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician