Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I was installing a front bumper on my 2017 Nissan Titan SL…

Customer Question
Hello I was installing a...
Hello I was installing a front bumper on my 2017 Nissan Titan SL 4x4 equipped with front parking sensors. My parking sensor system worked well initially, but after I turned off and turned on the car about 3 times and drove about 20 miles, the "parking sensor system error" popped up on my screen.I have tried to reset it by disconnecting the battery but it stays on. I have tried a code reader but nothing shows up. I have tried the Factory reset button inside the menus. None of them have worked...Does anyone have any idea how to reset this so I don't have to pay $200 to the dealer?Thank you!
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

That is covered under the warranty, why would it cost 200?

They are saying that since I installed an aftermarket bumper it is no longer covered

oh man this is true, can you put the old one back on and go get it calibrated again? those sensors are super sensitive and once unplugged they need to be calibrated,

I was hoping you wouldn't say that, it was such a pain to install it the first time... Is there some machine reader I can buy that could fix it?

yeah for about 250$ Ill have to look it up give me a sec

http://www.diagnosticsuperstore.com/product/34198/autoenginuity-pc-based-scan-tool-st06-usb?affiliateID=10056&gclid=Cj0KCQiAi7XQBRDnARIsANeLIevET4CrG5PE01sb9WZXIsvTjqJxYmm5b7EUzeB5nqAhOCt4al__5doaAk0cEALw_wcB

Just call these guys and get the nissan package

Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago

were you able to get the computer software?