Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

96 Nissan Pathfinder. Airbag Light on dash is blinking.

39;96 Nissan Pathfinder. Airbag...

39;96 Nissan Pathfinder. Airbag Light on dash is blinking. Cannot find anything in manuals of what to check or how to reset.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Nissan Pathfinder. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Just how to reset the idiot light, or what the light is indicating. I think this may be a factory default setting, because the pathfinder went over 262k original miles so far, and the light has been on since about 255k. It is just annoying.

11/16/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Try these steps 2 times and see if the Air bag light clears. Other wise, it would need diagnostics to determine the fault in the system.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpx2y5pv5fjf1zc/Air%20bag%20light%20self%20diag.jpg?dl=0

Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Absolutely awesome!!! Why is this not in the aftermarket manuals? The computer also shows no code for this. Why not?

The no codes and Air Bag light flashing is normally due to a surge of low battery voltage.

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician