Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 nissan maxima and it will not start. Battery…

Customer Question
I have a 2000...

I have a 2000 nissan maxima and it will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Battery good, starter good

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, new ignition switch, replaced under dash fuses, new inhibitor fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats all

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/16/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 5 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you try to start the car, what is it doing exactly?

its cranking but not starting. all the light come on

When you turn the key to the ON position, is the Security Light On solid?

Hi Jay, well my husband is under the hood and taken some thing apart. So i dont think you are going to be able to help. Thanks

This issue may not be something under the hood. If you can work with me to do some simple basic checks. I maybe able to isolate your issue...

He has already taken things apart. Thanks

Ok.. Please feel free to return if you would like to continue.. Ok?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician