Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My rear hatch won’t open. 2015 Murano. Nothing really

Customer Question
My rear hatch won’t open JA...
My rear hatch won’t open
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2015 Murano
JA: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Nothing really.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 30 days ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Did you try using the Emergency release lever to see if you can get the hatch to open? This is located on the inside of the hatch towards the center of the hatch panel. There is a small cover you remove to access it.

Let me know..

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I can’t get in the trunk

Is there allot of stuff back there?

How many miles do you have on the car?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
K I put seat down. Getting in there 10,000
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Where is the manual release lever?

If you have only 10k miles on the vehicle, it's very likely that the car is still under basic warranty.

The most common thing I have seen that causes the hatch to not open is when it's closed on something. That is why I would like to see if you can manually open the hatch from the emergency release lever. If it doesn't open hitting the manual release lever, it's very likely it's closed on something.

Let me get you a image of where it is located.. Hang on...

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
K
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Cuz if I’m sitting in the trunk I can’t lift the carpet
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I can lift the carpet but not the heavy carpeted area
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I squished back and opened that area and just the spare tire is under there
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Ya there?

Was getting the image for you. That is where the emergency release is located..

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I thx I see it but I don’t understand what I’m supposed to do in there

That is why I attached how to operate the manual release from the factory owners manual

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Right I’m doing that and nothing is happening
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I have the factory manual as well but it’s confusing in there

Page 3-26

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Is that it? Not working
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I’ll take it to the dealer. I’d like a refund plz
Ok, I will put you in for a refund
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thx
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician