Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Yesterday i went to start my car and it started but within a…

Customer Question
Yesterday i went to...

Yesterday i went to start my car and it started but within a few seconds it shut right off. my husband tried to jump start the car but that did not work. He then went out and bought a new battery, thinking that that was the problem. He put the new battery in and it still wont start. It turns over like it wants to but it does not.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes they are fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

The car is currently in my drive way and not drive able. We have replaced the battery with no sucess

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Is there a check engine light or security light on?