Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My factory radio in my 2004 nissan quest is not working the…

Customer Question
My factory radio in...

My factory radio in my 2004 nissan quest is not working the battery has been changed isn't it some kind of master reset security numbers or some type of way to take the radio out of limp mode or reset it???

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Quest yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried the radio fuse and no its at a shop its like the top part of the radio is working where the maintenance and hazard lights switch are working but the bottom part of the unit which controls the radio is not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats all

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
Helllooooo I’m waiting on a answer
11/16/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 8 months ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there, thanks for the question. Nissan does not require a security code for the radio on any of its cars produced for the US market.
onbthe radio, are the lights lit up? Just no volume coming it from it or what exactly?
No but everything is working fine except the radio part??? Even the top part of the radio is working where it says maintenance and the hazard lights that’s working but when you hit the bottom buttons for radio nothings working
The radio part of the receiver the bottom part is not working????

which system do you have? is it a base system? bose system? navigation?

Base system
I checked all fuses they are good
Wats the next step

Thanks, ***** ***** have a volt meter or test light?

had a test light
I had a test light
Great, sorry for the delay been crazy today.The radio controls are part of the AV switch, if you have no lights or controls at them you need to verify power into it.You will need to access the connector at the rear of the switch and with the key ON verify there is power at terminals 1 and 2. This is a yellow with red stripe and a violet wire.If power is good then the a/v switch is a possible suspect.