Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a message "I key system error see owners manual" and…

Customer Question
I have a message...

I have a message "I key system error see owners manual" and i can't shut my car off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2015 nissan altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i just got home and pulled in my driveway and couldnt shut it off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I had a problem with the remote start unlocking my car a few day ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/16/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 8 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Try this and see if it resolves everything. Disconnect the negative battery for 15 mins. Then reconnect it and let me know if you still get that warning message?