Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My fiancé's 2006 Nissan pathfinder started squeeling and…

Customer Question
My fiancé's 2006 Nissan...

My fiancé's 2006 Nissan pathfinder started squeeling and limping while it was driven. The mechanic said it was the left front wheel bearing, hub bering, ball joint upper and bottom and outer ty rob ends plus alignment. Does this sound right? He wants 2,250.00 to fix it she is strapped for money and were wondering if their is a better way to go on this. twice last year this same vehicle was in the shop with spendy repairs. We just need advice if it sounds like it will fix the problem and if their is a less expensive fix

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

When I drove it last month their was a sharp squeal in the back left tire but didn't notice anything else. I thought the caliper was froze but took off the tire and it was ok but had a couple of grooves in the rotor. My be another problem. didn't notice anything in the front mechanic said their was a lot of rust in the front.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I'm in Minnesota and she's down in Arizona so she took it to Brakes plus and the information above was from the ,echanic.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/15/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok, sounds like a lot and also, I doubt if all that is the issue. the other parts may be worn but the root cause sounds like the wheel bearing.

did she get a detailed estimate for the repair???

Roy

Just word of mouth listed above I talked to him on the phone.

ok, the first thing I would do is to get this estimate in writing and get it to me to see.

second, have her get a second opinion on this somewhere else.

Roy

do you still need any help???

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy