Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I cant figure which way to line up the factory wires in the…

Customer Question
I cant figure which...

I cant figure which way to line up the factory wires in the right order on throttle body sensor plug in connector harness I don't know which colors go into the pinout lol

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Nope just the order of the factory colors that go into the throttle body sensor pinout on my 2004 Nissan Maxima sl 3.5 v6

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/15/2017
Nissan Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

What color wires do you have?

I got six wires all together that are supposed to plug into the connector pigtail on my throttle body sensor wire connector I have a red wire and a black wire a white wire a white with a blue stripe a green wire a orange with a blue or green stripe in it.i just know the right color order to plug them into the pinout. thanks

Ok, I see 4 of those, let me see if I can find the other two.

For now

Green=1

Red=2

white=4

black=5

Use the F50 diagram from this drawing (click here)

Is this on the throttle body or the pedal?

OK, I found them put the orange/blue stripe in #3 and the white/blue stripe in #6.

Please let me know if you have further questions, if nothing further please complete the rating

Thanks

Now i don't know if this correct because a other diagram said to splice some wires together in this wire combination?

What other diagram? The one I posted? There is no splicing in that diagram, just put the colors in each numbered hole that I listed.

Do you mean the three sheild wires? They have their own connection.

which side of the pinout does 1thru 6 start on and it said something about putting the white wire with the red wire or something in that nature and it said something about keeping the black wire one inch away from some other wire is that true???

The diagram shows the connection side, the wires go in from the other side.

What are you looking at that "said" something?

Have you resolved this or do you need further help?

You have the factory diagram with the wire positions, if you have questions about the shielding wires please let me know

If nothing further please complete the rating

Thanks

Align them up 136 put them in the Right Slots I changed the throttle pedal sensor now I keep saying low voltage a b c e voltage is low on the throttle pedal and it's stuck in limp mode I tried to turn taking the battery off to reset it that didn't work still stuck in limp mode any ideals on what I should do lol?

Can you tell me what happened to cause you to do this?

You have talked about splices, looking at other diagrams and not understanding what side of the connector you were looking at.

What is "align them up 136"?

At 1:36 like you said but I don't know if I'm missing something or is some of the wires suspposed to wrapped around each other or something I don't know is stuck in limp mode and my computer is saying it's saying that low voltage throttle pedal position sensor which I just changed and replace too so idk.but it started right up it sounded good but won't go over 2 rpms when pressed to the floor right now in limp mode.
I put them wires 1 thru 6 is what I meant to say not 136 my bad lol

1:36??? I didn't post anything like that.

The dotted lines are shields, the white, red and black have a shield around them, the green has one around it and the white/blue and orange green have a shield around them. They all have a black wire that grounds to the same point to dampen any outside noise. If the computer detects noise in the circuit it will cause limp mode as it is not positive of what the throttle command should be.

Is the wire harness damaged? Is that why you are doing this? Can you post pictures of what you are seeing?

that wiring harness got cut by somebody else besides myself but I've got to I soldered everything together only thing I haven't done is wrapped the wires back up in electrical tape like all the way up but they're not there
I will try to send you a picture here in a second

Thanks, ***** ***** not going to work if the shield got soldered to the wiring. It needs to be replaced.

This is a critical system and if the computer sees any abnormality it will put the engine in limp mode.

Replace the harness, you will beat your head against the wall trying to repair this one.

I have replaced everything the harness and the throttle pedal sensor as well as the throttle body sensor is there's any other way to get this car out of limp mode ?
Nissan Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago

Did you replace it with individual wires or a new harness?

Do you have a scantool that will show you the code causing the limp mode and the throttle position and the pedal position?

Yea I have replaced the harness and all the other senors to replaced the hole throttle body sensor i replaced the hole foot pedal sensor i even replaced the other two throttle senors boxs .thats down next too the foot pedal and now I am pulling these codes they are po2135 in po1610 in 1614 in po123 I po222 in2138 in po2127 in po705 in po507 in po1610.and I have tryed five different ways to reset the compert to it wont come out of limp mode.is there a way to adjust the throttle senors to et the throttle body too open and close.and can a oxgen o2 be bad and cause these sensors too throw these types of codes out and can a o2 senors throw it in limp mode.do u have any ideals on what I should do to get it working again lol?

Are you able to see the sensor data?

Do the codes come back right away or do you have to drive it?

Yea they are there constly right away Everytime I try to erase them codes with my scanner inn it won't let me erase them as won't reset the compert either.i am thinking maybe it's the o2 senors or the throttle body needs to be manualy opened or camshaft sensor ?it keeps saying low voltage be to the throttle pedal position sensor switch a A thru E on most of them codes I sent ya.is there a voltage regulator or something like circuit on my 2004 Nissan Maxima sl 3.5 v6 that could cause all this ???

If they reset right away it is the sensor circuit. The computer may be damaged but unless you can see the sensor data you are not going to get to the bottom of this on your own. The voltage is supplied from the computer.