Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Need to replace blower motor in my Nissan Sentra 2010 but…

Customer Question
Need to replace blower...

Need to replace blower motor in my Nissan Sentra 2010 but first want to find out where mice are getting in to the blower motor ^

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Nissan Sentra. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

How and where do you screen up intake to blower motor to keep mice up and also looking to buy motor online some come with wires coming from blower some without which one will I need

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/14/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 8 months ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.
Simple answer is you can't physically block mice from getting into the system... They will find the heat.What is the problem you're facing?
took blower motor out it was full of chewed up insulation and dog food,cleaned out put back together and screened up some holesunder wiper cowel area but did not help mice still getting in. blower run but viberates and noisy at higher speeds.
tried to screen up intake over top blower motor but cannot reach around the metal divider in front of motor opening.
Is that opening above the blower motor the only way in for the mice?
If you block that Path they will chew through it or find another parth. Mice can fit through a hole the size of a pencil eraser.
If you were to block up everything good enough that mice weren't able to get in then you also wouldn't get air flow in and your heater wouldn't work at all all you can do at this point is remove the blower motor clean it all out you shouldn't have to replace it it's just off balance because there's a dead mouse in there probably get it all cleaned out put it back together and you can take like some mothballs or they don't like human hair if you take some hair clip-ins and sprinkle around your floor board and up on the wiper cowl area and stuff where they could smell that they'll stay away from your car put mouse traps out in your garage or wherever your parking under the car just try to kill him off or get rid of them or deter them away from your car because they're going to keep coming back and there's nothing you can do about it and eventually they'll start chewing up your wiring harnesses and stuff and then your car will have all kinds of electrical problems
I did clean out motot but still viberates at higher speeds. Where on line is the best place to buy blower motors and some show electrical harness coming out of motor and some have no wiring just a opening to plug into. Which one do I need?
Just a moment
It should have a pigtail. I would get it at Rock auto. https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/nissan,2010,sentra,2.0l+l4,1444660,heat+&+air+conditioning,blower+motor,6916Let me know if you need anything further. Please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks
Still believe if I canput a sreen over opening that is their only way in, but hard to reach that area under wiper cowl?
I've seen mice chew through sheet metal. Trust me when I tell you you will not stop them with a screen. If you deter them with it they will just use your wiring insulation to make a warm nest but unless it's a lazy mouse you won't deter them. Even if your screen worked what are you going to do? Screen over every cent in the car? They can go in those too... They just want to be warm they don't care where the heat comes from
Vent*
thanks
Nissan Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Just to add to this conversation this EXPERT is correct as we have had even squirrels in there, so what we do is lay out mothballs around suspected entry points, but what even works even better shave up a bar of IRISH SPRING bar soap! This is even good to deter animals from your flower beds too. They absolutely hate it. Just sprinkle it around