Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My wipers won't turn on, I had noticed at times on

Customer Question
My wipers won't turn...

My wipers won't turn on, I had noticed at times on intermittent they would stop but eventually come back on, I got them to swipe once yesterday in the rain and I can't get them to turn back on, I am thinking motor but I need to be sure cuz I am on a limited budget

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

No I have not checked the fuses, I can get the washer fluid to spray but no wipers on any speed

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2004 Nissan Altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am and it just happened so all I have done is You Tube to see how difficult the fix could be

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That this has happened before it would stop then it would just decide to pick up and start again

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/13/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. In order to determine the cause of your issue, you will need to check the fuses in the engine compartment and passenger compartment fuse boxes. Here, I am attaching the electrical information for the circuits along with fuse location information. You will need to check fuses #s 39 and 34 in the fuse box under the hood, fuses #s 12 and 14 in the fuse box on the drivers side inside the vehicle. Also, you will need to inspect the 50 amp fusible link located in the fusible link box. I am also attaching the testing information and proceduresf

In order to conduct the testing you will need a multimeter with ohm and volt capabilities.

The test will pinpoint the cause of your issue.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

It was none of these issues, unsatisfied with the trouble shooting
Nissan Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 months ago
Dan, Technician

Would you like help still? It sounds like Todd did give you some good information but not much for testing instructions.

No ... I would however like my money back because that's all commen sense stuff I already knew how to do
Not helpful at all ...its the motor just like I believed it was

I agree and would have told you how to test without checking random things but it sounds like things are already figured out, I'll have refund issued. Thanks.

Dan, Technician