Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The Air blows on high all the time and when I turn the

Customer Question
The Air blows on...

The Air blows on high all the time and when I turn the lights on all the dash lights go off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes they work when the light switch is off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2005 nissan altima

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 5 months ago
Michael Solis

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen year of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

Does it blow high even shutting the vehicle off?

As for the dash bulbs being dim when turning on headlights, have you checked your dimmer switch and made sure it was not set too low?

Anytime the ignition is on the air blows on high and the dash bulbs are not dim they completely go off along with the radio lights and all when the headlights are turned on
Nissan Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 5 months ago

ok and is the dimmer switch set to max? If the dimmer switch is set to the lowest it will cause that. Could you check for me please

it is
Nissan Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 5 months ago

ok its either a bad combination switch or dimmer switch are you good with a volt meter and such so we can diagnose or you just wanted the possibilities?

i can work a voltmeter
Nissan Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 5 months ago

ok sending procedure now, we can go to the blower issue after this :).

. See if the tail lights and parking lights etc work normally, to verify the tail light relay is working.

2. Backprobe and check for good battery voltage for the illumination lights on the Red/Black wire in terminal 64 at the combination meter with the light switch on.

3. Backprobe and check the ground for the illumination lights on the Red/Yellow wire in terminal 49 at the combination meter - the voltage will vary depending on the position of the illumination control switch. Can ground the Red/Yellow wire too and see if the illumination lights get bright in the combination meter.

4. Backprobe and check the voltages for the illumination control switch. The Red/Green wire should have good battery voltage with the light switch on. The Black wire is a ground and should read 0.05 volts or less. The Red/Yellow wire is the ground wire for the illumination lights. Ground the Red/Yellow wire at the illumination control switch and see if the illumination lights are bright then, as necessary.

Nissan Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 5 months ago

The dash illumination lights get battery voltage from the tail light relay and ground for the illumination lights is through the illumination control switch. The illumination lights power and ground go to the unified meter control unit in the combination meter, and the unified meter control unit controls the illumination lights in the combination meter.

Nissan Mechanic: Michael Solis,
 replied 5 months ago

If you have time, please take a moment to leave me a rating so I can receive credit for the question, it will mean so much to me :). We can still continue the question if you have more questions after rating me :). It was my pleasure.

Michael Solis
Michael Solis
Michael Solis