Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Whining noise on start up. also seems to whine when I turn…

Customer Question
Whining noise on start...

Whining noise on start up. also seems to whine when I turn the wheel. 2012 maxima

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have power steering? Have you checked the power steering fluid?

Fluid levels are adequate

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only checked the power steering flood so far. would be having someone else fix as I'm not a mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

About 56200 miles on car. I purchased it used at 17500 miles in 2015. I use mid grade gas all the time. oil changes are upto date

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/13/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

If you are hearing the noise when turning the steering wheel then in most cases this noise id coming from the power power steering pump . If you are sure the fluid level is okay then before you consider replacing the pump I would suggest you start with having the power steering system flushed and some new fluid added. Doing so gives you a good chance that this will solve the noise.

Just checking in to see if your still needing help with this , if so please post back and we can work from there if need be. If not then please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.