Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Pushing the door unlock button unlocks all the doors. 2014…

Customer Question
Pushing the door unlock...

Pushing the door unlock button unlocks all the doors.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2014 Juke Also, pushing the intelligent key fob unlock button does the same thing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your JUKE yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried to take it to the dealer, it has a radio problem too. They didn't try to fix the door problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My spare key fob doesn't work - i'm pretty sure it once worked and i can't imagine the battery is dead, we used it like 5 times.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/12/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 5 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Did the battery go dead or was replaced? What did the dealer say on this issue?

The battery was not been replaced.
Do you think that a radio problem could cause the lock issues or are these two separate issues?
No, phone not necessary. Just wondering if the two problems were related and if there was some secret code that could be done to reset the key fobs/doors so that they work correctly
My wife went to the dealer and basically told her nothing. Just that they ordered a part. She is very unhappy with their service....
I am presuming that they ordered a new radio, but if these two problems are related - a computer, etc., then maybe replacing that fixes both the radio and the locks.
Hello? You still there?
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician