Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The front passanger side tire is leaning inwards at the top…

Customer Question
The front passanger side...

The front passanger side tire is leaning inwards at the top after hitting the ditch

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

No the tires are new one season old

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2013 nissan sentra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

All i have done is tske tire off and look

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That when driven it seems the tire will flop around and make loud banging noises

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Ok
No calls plz

This would most likely means the shock absorber is bent but could also mean lower ball joint was damaged. The wheel mounts to hub which is in the steering knuckle. The top part of steering knuckle mounts to shock/strut assembly and lower part of steering knuckle mounts to ball joint/control arm. I'd start by checking it for looseness and if there is any movement you should be able to look and see where movement is coming from which would indicate damaged part. Next step would be looking for bent shock and bent/broken control arm/bushings. If there is play in wheel it is also possible the wheel bearing is damaged. If everything looks good I'd go ahead and replace shock absorber, if problem is still there then replace lower control arm. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Here are also diagrams so you can see everything that is related and how it fits together. diagram 1 diagram 2

how do i tell ehat it coyld b

You will need to check for damage and looseness. If you cannot find either then I'd assume the shock assembly is the problem as it is the most likely cause. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer, thanks.

Dan, Technician