Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have code p0011 intake performance bank 1 intake timing.

Customer Question
Have code p0011 intake...

Have code p0011 intake performance bank 1 intake timing

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

P0011 cleared it out

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2006 nissian murano

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

No havent tryed anything

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/11/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 8 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

There's a few things that can cause this code to appear. Is the car running normally? Smooth?

No hear a rattling under hood
Slugglish

Ok

First thing you should do is check the engine oil level. If it's low, it's going to cause this code to appear. If you have a rattle it's very possible the oil is low.

The other possible issue with a rattle is a timing chain issue. If one of the tensioners has failed or is leaking oil this will allow the chain to rattle and can also kick this code.

I would check the oil first though, make sure it's clean and full.

If it's sluggish though, I would have the timing checked or get a scan tool that can see it. Sounds like it might be a timing issue bringing up this code

Had oil changed lastweek

You should still check it, and honestly, you need to have the timing checked on this.

It's possible a bad cam sensor could cause the code, or the oil control solenoid, but if it's making noise and it's sluggish I do think you may have a mechanical issue happening here and causing the code.

K

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!