Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I swapped out the brake/tail lamp bulb W21/5W with an LED…

Customer Question
I swapped out the...

I swapped out the brake/tail lamp bulb W21/5W with an LED strobe brake 7443 lamp. At first the fuse kept popping but found that the pinout was incorrect. I modified the bulb by disassembling the bulb and fixed the pinout. The brakelights work however, the license plate lights and parking lights are okut. Can you help locate the fuse for this? Its a 2017 sentra SR

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

?? No noise. I'm trying to locate the correct fuse for the licence plate/tail lamp circuit.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2017 Sentra SR

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/11/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 5 months ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If you put all the original bulbs back in, and you replace any blown fuses. Does all the lights return back to normal operation?

I wouldn't know unless I could locate the fuse associated with the parking lamp/license plate lamp circuits. I have replaced the stop light fuse under the hood and the brake light works. I just need to know where the parking/license plate light fuse us. :)
I wouldn't know unless I could locate the fuse associated with the parking lamp/license plate lamp circuits. I have replaced the stop light fuse under the hood and the brake light works. I just need to know where the parking/license plate light fuse is. :)

The fuses is under the hood in the IPDM

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician