Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My automatic climate control in my 2014 Frontier has started

blowing cold air through all...
My automatic climate control in my 2014 Frontier has started blowing cold air through all vents regardless of the engine temperature or the temperature setting on the dash. This has happened three times prior to today. Today it did it three additional times, when sitting in traffic or immediately after starting the engine even with a warm engine.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: Coolant level is between min and max on the tank.
JA: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, it is always serviced at the dealership.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is the only issue that I have ever had. It never had to have any warranty work done.
11/11/2017
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today

do​ you have hat when driving on the high way ??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
once it starts blowing cold, RPM,s and speed do not change it.

have you check the heater hoses under the hood when you have clod air to see if they are both hot ??

do you have auto air control ??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they are, I don’t suspect a coolant issu.

ok hole of a minute please

so the system blow hot when will go cold and come back hot after some time ??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it changes from the floor to the dash vents.

by itself also ?

what temp do you set the heater at

do​ it make any diff if you set the heater temp to 90 ??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The heat will return after about 5 minutes when turned to 90, but continues to blow from the dash vents . It does not switch back to the floor.

o​k you will have to replace the a/c control unit for this problem . if it was a coolant problem it would not cause the vent position to change the only thing that can do that is the control . and the heat would come back when the engine is rev high

also if a sensor was bad the vent position would not change

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.

YOUR WELOCME PLEASE RATE THE SERVICE BEFORE YOU GO AS THIS IS THE ONLY WAY FOR ME TO GET REDIT THANKS.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Excellent response, thank you.

t​hanks for that but I need you to rate from the chat screen just hit the rating button

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech
Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech