Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Got home from one job changed for second job. That quick the…

Customer Question
Got home from one...

Got home from one job changed for second job. That quick the car will not start. Was running fine all day. No issues.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Battery is fine. Connections are good.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

1997. Nissan max.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried putting it in N then back in park. Nothing. No lights, no sound at all. When I open the door the security light does a weird flashing strobe thing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/11/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Nissan mike, Auto Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Nissan mike
Nissan mike, Auto Mechanic

hello this is mike an expert for just answer. also a master tech at nissan dealership. what is happening is your key went bad i know sounds crazy but it happenes all the time. u will need to get a new key cut and programed by the dealership, whick is expensive. or call an aftermarket auto lock smith and have one cut and programed to your vehicle. that is why the theift light is flashing when trying to start please let me know if you have any questions but please rate me when u get a chance.