Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It won't start. It alarmed a few times. 2004 Nissan exterra.

Customer Question
It won't start Mechanic's...

It won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes. It alarmed a few times.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?

2004 Nissan exterra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need to reset the anti theft alarm

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/10/2017
Nissan Mechanic: AMEDEE, NISSAN MECHANIC replied 8 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, NISSAN MECHANIC

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

Does it crank over and not start or does it not crank over at all?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Does not crank at all. I think the alarm disabled it. It was going off for a while.
No calls, sorry.

Is the security light on or flashing with the key on?

No. It isn't.

Ok then the issue is not the security system.

Have you checked for power down at the starter or the starting circuit?

You might just have a faulty starter.

Do you have any further questions sir?