Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The alarm won't go off. the only way to turn it off is to…

Customer Question
The alarm won't go...

The alarm won't go off. the only way to turn it off is to disconnect the battery. 2000 Xterra

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would just like to get it to the dealer without the horn blaring.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The only thing i know to do is play with the key fob i can't locate the fuse the controls the horn or alarm.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/10/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you tried using the key in the drivers door, lock and unlock twice

is this the factory alarm ? is there any blinking lights or buttons you can push under the dash?

I have disconnected the battery to stop the alarm. so when you say lock and unlock are you referring to using the fob to lock and unlock. or using the actual key?

using the actuall key and the battery has to be connected again, you will just have to hear the horn for a min

more than a minute but I'll have to go out and give it a try. so i'll just reconnect the battery and lock and unlock the door twice using the key?
this must be the drivers door?

yes and yes

OK! i will give it a try. this will take several minutes. you'll still be here?

yes

thank you. back soon.

also make sure your battery connectors are super clean

that did not work

did you do it with the door shut and try different combinations ? also after then try starting the vehicle

tried it with the door shut. door open. the alarm just keeps going. is there a fuse that disconnects the alarm?
i have an appointment at the dealer in 10 minutes. i was hoping to be able to drive it there without the alarm blaring while i drive but it appears i have no choice. thank you for your time. how do i get my refund?

there is a fuse for the horns, are you able to start it?