Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When I'm driving my xterra will feel like it stops

Customer Question
When I'm driving my...

When I'm driving my xterra will feel like it stops accelerating for a second then VDC off and slip lights come on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

VDC off and slip

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Xterra?

07

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just replaced the ipdm yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car randomly dies when driving. Then I throw it to neutral and have to restart

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/10/2017
Nissan Mechanic: FIXITMAN, MasterTechnician replied 7 months ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, MasterTechnician

Hello my name is***** the VDC light is coming on when the vehicle loses power that is the computer kicking in because it sees a stability issue. This can be caused by any number of sensors. The only way to know for sure is to have a scan tool that can read that system installed when it is occurring to see which sensor is acting up. Most commonly it is one of the wheel speed sensors. It can also occur if all of your tires do not match exactly. Unfortunately if it is random and that is the only light that comes on there is no accurate way to know which sensor is acting up without the right scan tool. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.