Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2007 Titan won't go into reverse or shift to the higher…

Customer Question
My 2007 Titan won't...

My 2007 Titan won't go into reverse or shift to the higher gears in drive. It will go forward but it seems the auto transmission is stuck

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

No, it just happened this morning on the way to work. I was able to get back home

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I'm not very good at that. I have not tried anything yet but was wondering what others have experienced with this

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I did this same thing a year or so ago but the cleared up. I don't know why

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/10/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try tp help you at this issue

1-how many miles on it , has fluid been changed in trans prior

2- the reverse need the most line pressure to engage , so if we low fluid, leak, defective or weak trans pump , burned clutches, shift solenoid ,etc

3- do you fell slip, like you give gas the engine seem going faster than transmission ?

4- is there a check engine light on at this time ,do you have capable scaner to retrev fault code

lets start here and we go from there

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat