Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Exchanged 87 stanza engine from another 87 stanza, engine…

Customer Question
Second opinion] exchanged 87...

Second opinion] exchanged 87 stanza engine from another 87 stanza, engine cranks,but will not start?//

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?

Good spark, injectors have juice,but not firing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Stanza yourself? What have you tried so far?

No my mechanic is on it. He is very good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

'Are the computers married to the original enigine??

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/10/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

if you have power to the injector and it is not firing, it gets its command from the crank sensor which is located in the distributor. distributor is or was a very common failure. do you have the old one from your other motor.

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy