Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I HAVE A 2004 NISSAN MURANO WITH 142000 MILE AND IT JUST…

Customer Question
I HAVE A 2004...

I HAVE A 2004 NISSAN MURANO WITH 142000 MILE AND IT JUST DEVELOPED AN ISSUE WITH NO ACCEL WHEN DEPRESSING GAS PEDAL, I HAVE A SMALL SHOP AND HAVE SCANNED AND SAW THAT ACCELERATION SENSORS FOE PEDAL BOTH SWEPT FINE BUT SENSOR IN THROTTLE BODY DID NOT MOVE UNTIL ENGINE RPMS DID JUMP UP THEY DID TO, LOOKED LIKE THROTTLE BODY WAS THE ISSUE SO I PUT A USED THROTTLE BODY ON BUT IT DID NOT CHANGE ISSUE, NOTE THAT ABS LIGHT WILL COME ON WHEN IT ACTS UP ( IT WILL WORK FINE INTERMITANTLY BUT NO ACCEL MOST OF THE TIME

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

THE SES LIGHT DOES NOT COME ON EVER BUT WHEN THE NO ACCELERATION OCCURS THE ABS LIGHT COMES ON,VERY UNUSUAL I KNOW??

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?

AS I SAID I HAVE MY OWN RETAIL SHOP, I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR OVER 40 YEARS WITH NEW CAR DEALER SERVICE TRAINING. I HAVE TRYED A USED THROTTE BODY AND IT DID NOT CHANGE THE PROBLEM

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/9/2017
Nissan Mechanic: AMEDEE, NISSAN MECHANIC replied 8 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, NISSAN MECHANIC

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

May I start by getting your VIN and any stored codes in the computer?

Thank you!