Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

The radio doesn't work. Started with the steering wheel

Customer Question
The radio doesn't work....
The radio doesn't work. Started with the steering wheel controls and the volume would go down anytime you hit any button. Fuses are good.
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: fuses under the hood are good. not one for the radio in dash.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2012 maxima SV
JA: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying. She had a mechanic replace or repair the switch in the steering wheel.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a way to disconnect the steering wheel controls.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Nissan
11/9/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 1 month ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, thanks for the question.

What exactly is the problem with the radio? is it completely off? no display lights or what exactly?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There appears to be no power at all. nothing on radio or GPS.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The map does display but no audio.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there Jake?
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician