Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 Nissan Altima - has a noise in the front driver side.

Customer Question
2013 Nissan Altima -...

2013 Nissan Altima - has a noise in the front driver side. The dealer who sold it to us. Heard the noise but "supposedly" dint know what it was and referred us to the local Nissan dealer down the road. The had it all day yesterday and said it was the exhausts flap vibrating. So they were calling Nissan today about the problem because it still happens after being fixed. Nissan said it was the alternator vibrating around 30-40 mph. And that it would cost over $500 to fix.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

Granted 1 payment has been made and purchsed as a used car but took the warranty that doesnt cover that problem. Of course. The original dealer told us he would split the cost only. If he knew of this problem is their any way Nissan could pick up the other half.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it is at the Nissan dealer yesterday and today. Which they ordered whatever part is needed and will have it until Friday.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/7/2017
Nissan Mechanic: JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy replied 7 months ago
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer

if you were the original owner nissan might help but purchasing it used its unlikley...have you called nissan corporate?

no - should we?
It is a 2013 with 77,000 miles

well thats the only way they will chip in they cant make that call it would have to be nissan of north america to make that call

: (877) NIS-NCV1 (or ***-***-****)