Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Is anyone there? Is this active? 2001 Nissan Pathfinder. I

Hello is anyone there?...
Hello is anyone there? Is this active?
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I am into the drivers side door panel trying to fix the window switch
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: What i will need is the color of each wire that goes into the plug in the right order
11/6/2017
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Are you looking for the wire configuration for your master switch?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ive got a schematic but dont know how to read it.What I need is to know which color wire fits into 1- 16 of the plug

Hang on.. Let me get you the information..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, I accidentally pulled it loose

No problem.. Give me time to make a image for you.. Hang on..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Perfect, Should be 16 wires. Just to make sure Ive got the right plug. I am looking at a schematic of D6 -W. Am I on the right track?

No problem.. It takes me a few to make this image.. I can show you a example one I made so you know what it will look at....

In the mean time, give me all the wire colors you have. So I can make sure I get ever wire for you..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will need to go outside for a couple of minutes to write them down. Is that OK? Should take less than 5 min easy

No.. It takes me 20 mins or so to make the image...

This is a 2001 Maxima one I made... Just so you have the idea

https://www.dropbox.com/s/20sbjl14mbph6i7/2001%20Maxima%20Window%20switch%20layout.jpg?dl=0

But yeah.. Get me all the wire colors, I will start working on making the image for you..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That would be perfect. It is exactly what I need. But for a 2001 pathfinder. The colors are as follow. Some are faded and difficult to see for sure but here is my best effort.
black, yellow, white, brown, blue, green/red, pink/green, red/black, yellow/green, blue/red, white/black, blue/black, white/red, black/white, green/yellow, green/white

Any change you can take a picture of the wires.. I don't see a solid blue or brown wire?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how do I send it to you?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can I email it?

1 min

Are you sure this is a 01?

What is the production date?

I am getting those colors for a 02..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There is no solid blue but there seems to be two green/white wires. One is larger gauge than the other. Im checking on the year but I am pretty sure it is an 01.

I have a 02 Images if you want to check those.. See if they match up..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Owners manual says 01. here is the vin if that helps JN8DR09X01W564581

That vin says it's a 01..

pin 6 is brown

Let me know how you make out...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That looks great. I'm hoping you are going to tell me brown goes into 6. Also which green/white goes where? Since there are two going into 15 & 12.

Pin 12 goes to the left rear window Pin 15 goes to the front window motor

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got the brown but which green/white goes where since there are two? One is larger gauge than other one.

Pin 6 is Brown.. I added it to the image. So if you refresh it, it may be there now..

You will need to remove the drivers door panel and ohm which Green and white goes to the front window motor.. Once you determine that, then you know which is which.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
got it. Thanks!

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. You Rate me by clicking the Stars on the top of the page. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You have provided excellent service and I will rate you highest possible. Thanks!
Your welcome and thank for using JustAnswer.comThanks Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician