Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just purchased a 2015 Frontier and yesterday the airbag…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a 2015 Frontier and yesterday the airbag light starting flashing. In diagnosis mode indicated a code12.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Not to my knowledge

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it to where I purchased it and the guy said he wasn't getting a fault code from scanner. That's as far as I've gotten

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Nissan
11/6/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 7 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

h​I did you try to reset the codes

I followed the turn key on and off as shown online. When it was in diagnostic mode it was 1 long flash followed by 2 short flashes. It would not reset

ok let me check the c ode

the code is for the driver side front seat belt it is shorted

you should check the seat belt wires and to see if it is plug in and connoted correctly

I​f that is fine replace the seat belt

Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech