Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have Nissan Pathfinder 2003, it take time to start when…

Customer Question
Second opinion] i have Nissan...
Second opinion] i have Nissan Pathfinder 2003, it take time to start when engine is hot, but cold start is perfectly good, my mechanic is saying problem with the starterJA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?Customer: no sound at all evry thing normalJA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: not fixing my self, given to mechanic he says statrtee motor problemJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: every thing is normal even hot engine it will start but take two or three attems more than cold engine.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/2/2017
Nissan Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

You say it has extended cranking time, and takes 3 goes to start hot.

If it cranks at normal cranking speed, the starter motor is fine.

Sounds more like a fuel presssure issue, and/or high carbon buildup in the cylinder head and/or dirty injectors.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary