Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My pathfinder has started to run warmer than usual. it

always runs at just about...
my pathfinder has started to run warmer than usual. it always runs at just about the bottom of the gauge. but now it moves up to center and above. I have not let it get hotter. I tyrn on the heater and it will stay there or drop some.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: coolant is full of antifreez and no leaks are visable
JA: What year is your Pathfinder?
Customer: in my garage here in ensenada baja calif
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I wanted to get some idea of where to start first.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not right now
10/31/2017
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The first thing that should be inspected is the cooling fan. If the fan(s) is not performing as it should, then you will experience this issue. Also, you should replace the thermostat. If the thermostat is beginning to stick, then you may also experience this issue. These are common and the most probable causes for the issue that you are describing. If you would like for me to check for replacement or inspection information for these components, I will need the vehicle information. Including engine size.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I have a different opinion.

You did not state what year Pathfinder. If you have a 05 and newer Pathfinder, you want to check your transmission fluid and see if it's pink and milky. Transmission coolers tend to fail which can cause coolant to enter the transmission. Once the coolant starts to enter the transmission, you would have air pockets in the coolant system which can cause the over heating concern. At the same time you want to service the Transmission right away and change the Radiator and hope that the cross contamination did not affect the transmission.

If your Pathfinder is 04 and older, I would then look into the Radiator Fans to see if they are operating properly.

It all depends on your year Pathfinder.

Thank you for the rating.

Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician