Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Nissan frontier, transmission is slipping. Is it clutch or…

Nissan frontier, transmission is slipping...
Nissan frontier, transmission is slipping. Is it clutch or electrical failure? P0717 & p1705
10/31/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

we have 2 faults the P0717 is trans related and you have to start with that troubleshoot first and then move forward to the P1705 after repairing the P0717 clear codes and see what comes back

with that said it could be the DTC P0717 TURBINE REVOLUTION SENSOR Description The turbine revolution sensor detects input shaft rpm (revolutions per minute). It is located on the input side of the automatic transmission. Monitors revolution of sensor 1 and sensor 2 for non-standard conditions.

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW THE LOCATION OF THE SENSORS

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hi, I can't perform the test because it won't go into reverse. Do you think it's a medical failure? I checked and adjusted the linkages. They are fine and fluids level was lows. I added one quart to the proper level

It could be I would check the linkage, between fluid good and one quart low should not cause that ,check the linkage for being bent in case you hit something from road debris .

but that will not explain the turbine sensor fault ,these needs to be checked , we hook up a scaner and go down the road and read live data of the sensor and see if they are matching vehicle speed

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat