Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an Altima, 2009. On the radio dial, sometimes the…

I have an Altima...

I have an Altima, 2009. On the radio dial, sometimes the display works, sometimes it doesn't/

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

No. Would that make it work occasionaly?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The steering lock unit is currently out. I have ordered it so I can change it out.

10/22/2017
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi my name is ***** ***** I can help

there is a recall on this steering lock unit so you should not pay to have it replace just call your Nissan dealer to have them replace it for free

Wonderful!!! Now, the raidio display light sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. What could that be?

there is a reprogram for the radio that will fix the problem of the screen going out this have to be done at the dealer also

This has been going on for a few months.

do you have any more questions ??

ye sthe reprogram will fix it for good .

no

sorry I mean the reprogram will fix the problem

p​lease rate the service before you go as this the only way for me to get credit thanks.

the rating is done from the chat screen

Do you mean when they change the steering lock

yes for free

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

the lock is free the radio program you will have to pay for

THANK YOU THANK YOU

your welcome .